Blabbering of a Fool
This is just a normal, average blog about a normal, shy, average guy with a seriously rather abnormal, not-quite-average thirst for almost all things about Japan: drama, anime, culture etc.
And yeah, I’m quite into toys. Kamen Rider toys.
More about the blogger:
- Gender: Male
- Location: Singapore
- Email address: email@example.com
- Friendster/Facebook: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/Flashtrigger
- HobbyHype ID: MavericK
For those who read this little blog of mine may realize I usually post lyrics (and sometimes, translations) to songs that were released pretty long ago.
Well, I admit I dun keep up to date with the latest hits in J-Pop or J-Rock. I usually stumble across songs which I find really nice through videos I’ve watched or friends’ recommendations, and it’s always the music that strikes me first.
Thus the reason for me to post the lyrics: they’re usually written in Japanese, and so what better way to share my love for the songs by posting the romanji version (although the love may have been shared a LONG~ time ago). And as for translation, it serves as learning the language and expanding my vocabulary for me, and as well as for others too, and thus the format in which I do my lyrics posts. I find it easier to learn the pronunciation of kanji that way.
And the process of translating, I simply love it. Especially for song lyrics. A whole new perspective into the artistes’ worldview opens up when I am able to achieve a deeper understanding of the song.
And so, yup, I will continue to post lyrics, and if I have the time, translations, of Japanese songs which strike a chord to me at any point of my life, whether it has been done or not. For I feel my interpretations of lyrics is unique to me, although they may sometimes be wrong. And if that is the case, do point them out and educate me.
Weird traits of his:
- Can’t sleep without blanket, with the patterns/pictures right-side up, on.
- Walking pace is always set according to the tempo of the music in his mp3 player, even if it makes his legs ache later on and himself pant like mad.
- Accepts other people’s opinions and ideas too easily, unless he knows the other person is a complete moron.
- Bag must be of acceptable weight if he is to carry one, or else trash (not literally) will be stuffed inside to compensate the lack of weight.
- Displays a displeased look on his face when a girl who catches his attention turns and look at him. Reason unknown so far.
- Has the uncanny ability to predict the local weather by forgetting to bring an umbrella when it rains, and bringing one when it’s darn sunny.
- Has also some power in controlling the local weather. It always rains when he goes out, and fine weather whenever he slacks at home.
- Likes eating his burgers in this manner: buns first, meat last.